A Valkyrie is a mythological female war goddess. Chooser of the slain. Reaper of Souls. Defender of the weak. Emblematic of strength and beauty.
Valkyrie Performance is dedicated to inspiring, educating, training and equipping women to be more effective leaders in male dominant environments.
Who is it for?
Women who want to reach their full potential physically and mentally in order to lead in male dominant environments. Women currently serving or looking to join the military, law enforcement or fire.
At Valkyrie, we not only add value through fitness, but through improving a woman's capabilities in her personal and spiritual life in order shatter glass ceilings, break through stereotypes and pave the path for the future generation.
PASSION . PERSEVERANCE . PURPOSE .
- Taylor was a competitive cheerleader at the University of Louisville where she studied exercise science. There her team won (3) National Titles out of her (4) years competing.
- During her sophomore year of college at the age of 19, she began CrossFit at Derby City CrossFit. She qualified as an individual athlete in the Central East Regionals May of 2012 where she finished 13th overall.
- From 2012-2013 while she awaited departure for TBS, she was mentored and trained by the world’s best strength coaches, Shane and Laura Phelps Sweatt. She spent her time learning and training Westside Barbell’s Conjugate method, assisted with the CrossFit Powerlifting Seminars, and became the head coach for CrossFit Conjugate. She qualified for Regionals in 2013 and in April of 2013 she departed for TBS.
- Upon arrival at TBS, when she was not in the classroom or in the field, Taylor continued to find the time to train on base and at CrossFit Woodbridge. She served as her Platoon’s Physical Fitness Representative and her command allowed her to travel back to Ohio where she competed again as an individual athlete in the Central East Region finishing 21st overall.
- In 2014 Taylor competed in the Southern California Region with Pariah CrossFit as a team athlete.
- In 2015 Taylor was drafted to the National Professional Grid League (NPGL) for the LA Reign. She played (1) season with the team as a barbell specialist.
- In 2016 Taylor traveled 3x a week from Camp Pendleton, CA to Redlands, CA in order to participate on team CDR Redlands. They finished 4th in the Southern California Region and 7th in the world at the CrossFit Games in Carson, CA.
- Taylor currently trains at Trident CrossFit in Alexandria, Va.
- Taylor is married to her best friend, Matthew Galadyk. Matt and Taylor met at The Basic School in Quantico, VA in June of 2013. They had their wedding ceremony in Nashville, TN on September 2, 2017.
5.11 Tactical Ambassador
- As of January 1, 2017, Taylor became an ambassador for 5.11 Tactical.
Coach and Mentor
- Taylor has an extreme passion for helping individuals achieve their potential in life. She currently coaches women athletes ‘one on one’ and mentors them daily. She enjoys helping young women work though the obstacles of being a female in a male dominant environment and giving them the tools they need to succeed and never back down.
- An advocate for social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men. Taylor strongly believes in equal opportunity for women in all aspects of life. Gender and stereotypes are challenges in today’s society but she views them as fuel to create some of the world’s best leaders amongst the fire. She desires to create a tribe of women who empower one another and pave the path for the future generation.
- Taylor is a trail blazer who is in the beginning of creating her dream business. She is a great public speaker who offers seminars and workshops specifically targeted at women athletes.
- Taylor completed the Officer Candidate School in Quantico, VA the summer of 2011 in between her Junior and Senior year of College. Upon graduation, she was commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps on May 21, 2012.
- In April 2013, Taylor checked into The Basic School (TBS) where she continued to learn and develop her leadership abilities. Upon graduation, she volunteered to serve as one of the first 19 female Marine Officers to participate in Infantry Officer Course as part of the USMC’s female integration training.
- Upon receiving her military occupational specialty of Logistics Officer, Taylor reported to 1st Marine Raider Support Battalion where she served as Motor Transport and Engineer Platoon Commander.
- Taylor served as the battalion's Logistics Officer, Uniformed Victim Advocate Officer, Safety Officer, and Logistics Company Executive Officer.
- Additional Schools and Training: Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape School; Predator Off Road Driving Courses; Logistics Operations Course; and Tactical Skills Package, where she was one of the first female Marines to conduct maritime training in the combat rubber reconnaissance craft.
- Taylor grew up in and out of the church community with a rough childhood/teenage era where she struggled with faith and ran with the wrong crowd. The biggest Christian influence in her life was her Grandmother and Grandfather. She accepted Christ into her heart as a young adult and was baptized on 12 November 2016.